I was sick with the flu and a fever last night so I didn’t get to post my Book Beginnings and Friday 56, I’m all better now so here it is!
Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin
A Few Things They Tell You:
- No food or drink for six hours prior to appointment time.
- If you receive the IV conscious sedation, make sure to secure a ride home or have an escort for public transportation.
- Dress is loose, comfortable clothing, with socks and flat shoes. Bring an extra pair of underwear and a sweater or sweatshirt.
- Bring a picture identification and your insurance card if you are planning to use insurance. Payment is collected in full at the time of visit.
- One, and only one, escort may accompany you to the health centre. Your escort will be asked to wait in the designated waiting room, ad will not be allowed into the medical centre with you.
The Thing I wish I’d Known:
- I love you doesn’t come with any guarantees
“I stopped doing ant theater because I didn’t want to look into the audience and not see him there.”
“What did you do instead?”
“I guess I fell in love.”
“Are you still in love?”
“I don’t think so.”
“Have you ever been in love?” I ask him.
“Yes, I have.”
“Have you ever had your heart broken?”
we stop, and look at each other again. It’s easy to open up to him, and I’m not exactly sure why.
“So,” he says. “Is your heart broken?”
“I guess it is.”
“And it’ll heal in three weeks?”
“Three weeks? Oh. Well, part of me will.”
Have you heard of or read Aftercare Instructions? Let me know!